background

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Me

     It is hard to know where to start or what to say when you have never tried something like blogging. So after asking my daughter, Melanie many questions I decided to take suggestion to start by telling about myself. 
     I am a 56 year old grandmother of 5 very active kids.  There are 2 girls and 3 boys ranging in age of  20 months to 8 years old.  The first two are only 6 weeks apart.  I love these kids with all my heart and will do anything for them.   It really is hard not to step on parents toes sometimes because I try to help them a little too much.  I am the happiest when my whole family gets together even though it gets noisy sometimes.  Just tonight we were all watching an Alabama football game so between the adults watching the game and kids playing.......I will just let you imagine what was going on in my house.
    Speaking of adults I should tell about them too.  I have a daughter and two sons that have grown up to amazing people.  My oldest Melanie never ceases to amaze me with her intelligence, creativeness (is this even a word) and ideas.  I know I can always go to her when I need encouragement and uplifting or just a shoulder to lean on.  God has truly lead her in a mighty way.  Melanie along with her husband, Derek are the parents to three of the grandchildren that I have mentioned.  My oldest son, Michael, has many talents. So many that he does not know what he wants to do with his life when he grows up.  I am sure whatever he chooses he will become the best of because he always puts his heart into what he is doing.  I rarely see people with a heart for helping others like Michael has.  Michael and Amy have given me the other two grandchildren.  Then there is Matthew, my youngest son.  He is a senior in high school with hopes of attending college next year.  It is so hard for me to think of Matthew as a gown man but it is reality.  I think Matthew will succeed in anything that he attempts to do, he has that much determination.
    I will not leave my husband, Mike out either.  We have been married for 32 years with many happy memories, oh there are some sad times too but I prefer to leave them behind.  Mike is a stay at home dad because his back will not let him work.  He loves to spend his time telling school children that visit the capital about the history of our confederate forefathers and researching our family history.  We look forward to traveling and doing things that old folks like to do. hahaha
     I am still working as a bookkeeper for the school system.  I hope to work for another ten years so that I can comfortably retire.  I love my job and the people that I work with.  I also work with the JBQ team from my church.  I am learning while I am helping the kids learn about he Bible.  I also sell Avon just as a little extra income and because I have loved selling it.  I meet many nice people by talking to them about Avon.
    I guess I have told enough for the first blog.  I am sure I will be telling you more as time goes on. I always have something to tell about whether it is about my family or something that is going on around our town. 

Angie
    

1 comment:

  1. Great first blog mama! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete